Share |

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Shout out to those that earn a paycheck!

I've recently moved from Maine to New York. I don't live in the city but I'm pretty close. There, of course, are many differences in the culture, most of which I enjoy. I've met many people from different walks of life, which I love. I enjoy meeting new people who are from different places with different points of view and cultures. I come from Maine and for those of you that don't know it's 97% white. So experiencing different things is something I love about NY.


Now one thing I have encountered is a lack of work ethic here in NY. This isn't related to any race at all. I'm not sure what it's related to honestly. It's incredible to me the lack of respect people have for themselves and co-workers where I work. I'll admit, my experience is both limited and short lived. I've only been here since July of this year. I work in a warehouse at a large retailer. I spend 75% of my day cleaning up after people. I call them on it but it doesn't help. I talk to management about it but they only nod in agreement and refuse change. I believe this is because they're too busy walking around telling others what to do and not doing anything themselves. I've never seen such a bunch of lazy, pathetic, unintelligent assholes!

For those of you that have seen Office Space you'll get this. For those of you that haven't, the main character works in a small office. He has numerous bosses tell him to do the same task over and over. They point out the obvious just so they have a way to flex their managerial muscles. For those of us on the "bottom" it can getting redundant and frustrating. I'll say there are people who need constant mothering because they're lazy fucking children. To those of us that aren't, it makes you want to staple people in the forehead just for a change of pace.

As previously stated, I come from Maine. There are lazy people in Maine, like everywhere. But living in Maine for almost 30 years I've encountered lazy people MUCH less. People from Maine are typically blue collar, hard working people. They know what it is to earn a pay check day in and day out. They work hard and most don't have an option to drop shit they're doing and quit. If you do, you're not going to last at whatever it is that you're doing.

I bust my ass where I work. I work hard and I expect nothing less from the people I work with. Just ask anyone I've worked with and/or managed over the years. So to those that actually earn their fucking paychecks and take pride in their work, whether it's picking up trash or curing illness, I give you props. Hold your head high, because we're a rare breed these days. Everyone wants maximum results from minimal work. It's the American way after all. There are, however, some of us that appreciate working hard and earning respect the old fashioned way. So head to work tomorrow and surprise someone, BREAK A FUCKING SWEAT! And to those of you that don't, well I don't have to worry about you, because I'm sure you stopped reading this three paragraphs ago because "that's way too much to read" Lazy bastards!

-Josh Genius

2 comments:

  1. i agree josh 100%. There is an epidemic at hand its called laziness. These people now-a-days take pride in doing nothing. 100 years ago these lazy fucks would die because you had to work and earn every fucking thing you had. Its cliche but theres to many Sitting bulls and not enough geronimos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got that right. The younger generation are doing the least amount possible for a pay check. We have a lot of lazy people in this world.

    ReplyDelete