Share |

Thursday, January 21, 2010

help me I'm losing my house...

There's a quote in today's paper in response to the question “What is the state of the state of Maine?” that reads: “Pretty poor. I've been out of work for almost 17 months [Maine needs] relief for mortgage holders. Right now I'm losing my house, because I can't make the mortgage.”



When did it become the state's responsibility to provide relief for mortgagees who can't make their payments? Let's think back a few years, or decades... What would have been the consequences of our parents, or their parents, if they hadn't been able to make their mortgages? They'd have lost their homes. Plain & simple. If you can't afford to have the house, you DON'T have the house... If you don't make your payments on your house, you LOSE YOUR HOUSE. Just like if you don't make the payments on your car, you LOSE YOUR CAR.

I don't understand where the sense of entitlement comes from. It is NOT the state's NOR the fed's responsibility to ensure everyone's financial well being, and comfort. This country was not built by the state or federal governments giving away houses. People had to work to earn their living, pay their mortgages, pay their grocery bills, etc...

Oh, wait... he said he's been out of work for 17 months... WHY? The immediate response is usually “I can't find a job.”. To which I say BULLSHIT! Lets be real here... you CAN find A job... you however choose not to have a job because perhaps you can't find the job you really want... You can find one, you just have to lower your expectations... 17 months?!? C'mon, it's time to get REAL... Swallow your pride... go to McDonald's, Burger King, TacoBelll, WalMart, K-Mart, be a fry cook, a janitor, hell, offer to shovel people's driveways, mow their lawns, sweep their driveway... do SOMETHING. I REFUSE to believe that he has really tried to find a job for 17 months, and simply CANNOT. It's his choice, plain + simple. And now he expects “relief” from the state.

If I suddenly found myself unable to continue in my current job... I would immediately find work... any kind of work... Would I have to take a pay cut? Yes. Would it be ideal? No. Would I be embarrassed? Yes. Would it suck? Yes. Would I however sit back on my ass with my hand extended waiting for someone to come to my rescue? NO FUCKING WAY! Hell if I had to I'd work 2 or 3 jobs... I'd do whatever it takes!

I alone paid over $50,000 in taxes last year... I work hard, I pay my mortgage, I pay my truck payment, my car payment, my bike payment, my boat payment, my grocery bills, my gas bills, my heating bills, my credit card payments, etc... how much MORE should I have to pay to fund yet ANOTHER program for what is referred to as “relief”. Enough already...

-Carl Genius

2 comments:

  1. I agree with Josh. Well said. If someone really wants to work they will find it.

    ReplyDelete