Share |

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Marlow and Sons

This past Saturday Josh, two friends and I took an awesome trip into the city, mainly Brooklyn. Josh did an amazing recap of the day's events, so I'm here to go in depth about two things. For starters the Brooklyn Brewery. What an amazing place that was. If you love beer this is truly a place for you. I plan on brewing beer so I was in awe at the giant tanks of soon to be brew!
We took the tour which was FREE! Oh yes I said it free. What is free now-a-days? NOTHING. The guide gave us a little background of the facility and history which I loved. Josh and I took some great pictures. We were able to mosey around and check all the equipment out. I was so jealous. I wish my basement looked like that. After that we moved to the banquet hall where a party was going on. We purchased our tokens so we could start sampling some brews. What an excellent choice. They had most of their beer on tap and what a palette pleaser they were. They had an exceptional Porter aptly named "Cookie Jar" which I've never had. This beer was terrific. It tasted like an oatmeal raisin cookie. That really was a treat. The lager is so smooth and is a most try. Also for you hop heads they have a beer called "Blast" which is a double IPA, coming in at around 9% alcohol. Whoa! That trip was awesome. I suggest making it a point to visit. 

We then left for dinner at Marlow and Sons. Now let me say this, I had high expectations for this place and it blew them out of the water. I've been wanted to eat there for so long and the time finally came. This was bar none one of the best meals I have ever eaten. We enjoyed a spinach salad that was lightly dressed but beyond delicious. I'm Czech, so naturally I'm biased for potatos, but let me tell you the potato tortilla was incredible. Baked with me in mind it felt like. For our main course we had the "Brick chicken and pasta". This dish was amazing. The chicken was so delectable and it fell of the bone and with little effort melted in my mouth. It was seasoned just right and was tender. This meal was everything I had hoped for. We washed it all down with some soft red wine. What a nice touch James and Courtney! If you every find yourself in or around Brooklyn make a trip to these places you will not regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment