Share |

Friday, October 29, 2010

Stupid Fucking Ghosts

What the fuck is it about Halloween that makes people stupid? Don't get me wrong, I love the annual excuse for women to dress as a slutty nurse, slutty superhero, slutty slut...any of those things, really. I'm not huge on the candy part - too many calories and too much sugar for me. The part I just hate is that we suddenly have all these shows on tv about 'real ghost stories'. Fuck you, there is no such thing as a 'real' ghost. It doesn't fucking exist. The people that eat this shit up are the same ones that think psychics are real. I want to punch the idiots that pay money to see a psychic, but I want to skull fuck the psychics for capitalizing on the vulnerability of some poor schmuck whose loved one just died. Ok, i'm getting off track again.



There is nothing that can scientifically support the idea of ghosts. Not that we should even care about that, because most of us should be able to use a little something called 'common sense'. Too bad there aren't too many people walking around using that right now. However, a CBS poll done in 2005 showed that more Americans believe in ghosts than don't. 22% said they had seen or felt a ghost. WHAT THE FUCK? America - land of the irrational. Just look at how many people watch these ghost investigator shows, as if they are really using a scientific approach. The kids on these 'psychic kids' shows need to be put in time-out, or need to be medicated. The parents really need to be punched for allowing and encouraging their kids to lie. There is healthy imagination as a child, and then there is just being seriously fucked-up and dumb.

I get it to a certain degree - it's the same reason these stupid fucks are claiming that an old Charlie Chaplin film has a time traveler in it. Life sucks. It gets boring. We want there to be something more. Essentially, it's the same rationale that drives people to believe in religions or space invaders that come sodomize them in the night with wine bottles. Maybe, my dead uncle Jedediah is a ghost or in heaven now. If he is, I will be, too. That means that there is something more after death. Sorry folks, this is it. In some ways I really wish I could believe in ghosts. Maybe a belief in something more than just this life would make me an easier person to be around. After all, I might as well wear a shirt around that says 'If you believe stupid shit I will debate you, embarrass you, criticize you, and make you cry in public.'

James Randi and Joe Nickell are two guys that do a great deal of debunking bullshit, so look into their stuff on youtube or in print if you want some good examinations of what drives people to believe in dumb shit. Have yourself a playful Halloween this year. Just remember when you hear the creaking sound coming from the second floor, it's the wind or a mouse, not a ghost.

1 comment: